Trendy Plus Size Clothes
Home / Dressing For Your Body Shape
/ Apple Body Shape
Dressing Your Apple Shape Body
Tips on Identifying and Dressing Your Apple Shape Body
Apples carry their weight around the middle - they will have larger bust
lines and waist lines. Usually they have flatter bottoms and great legs!
Plus size Apple shaped bodies will almost always have one or two sizes difference between the top (bigger) and bottom (smaller).
The shoulders are usually broader with a full bust and a full undefined waist. Everything below the waist is more slender - usually with great legs and a flatter bottom.
The key to dressing the Apple body shape is to create the illusion of a balanced body, while calling attention to the legs, hips and/or arms.
Apple Body Shape Fashion Tips:
- Straight tops that skim and elongate your trunk are your best friend!
- If you wear a belt, use it around your smallest area - your hips.
- High and polo necklines will emphasize your upper body, stick with
V-neck and scoop neck tops.
- Wide leg pants and flared, A-line or straight skirts are very
- Go with shorter length skirts to show off your great legs!
- Choose flat front pants over pleated ones.
- Look for empire waist or A-line dresses for a flattering silhouette.
- Avoid shoulder pads, anything fitted through the middle and vertical
lines across or around the torso.
- Create slimming vertical lines with long scarves draped around your
neck, open jackets or cardigans and long chunky necklaces.
- Wearing the same dark color from head to toe, especially black, dark
brown or navy blue is flattering and slenderizing to anyone!
Silhouettes for Apple Shapes:
Here are some examples of flattering silhouettes
for Apple shapes.
Leave Dressing Your Apple Shape Body, Go to Trendy Plus Size Clothes Home
If you enjoyed this page, please consider sharing it with your friends: